Saturday, January 27, 2007

Envirochina Artshow

Andrew Ross Representing,
Envirochina: An FSU-China Design Collaboration
Opening Reception

I wanted to go to this to see what people who had been to China had seen
Pollution there seems to be really bad.
Poverty too.
I hesitate to compare to other cases of poverty and pollution world wide. But I belive the problems may be similar, the world over.
There weren't many people there, and I wanted to talk to the artist (red shirt), but as is usual with these things, there was an annoying lady who took up his entire time before I was ready to go.
He was trying to get away, you could tell but she kept asking him questions, on and on...
Noone got to talk to him, by the time I left. :(
I really liked the art though.
It wasn't tacky or grotesque but it did make you think.
It evoke the emotions that the artist seemed to desire from the viewer.
I know because I heard him talking to that lady hahaha
My favorite piece was the Mcdonalds "I'm hating it" picture

1 comment:

thoughtsalongtheway said...

Hi Marsha,
Nice to meet you at The Common Table today! This art show looks very interesting. I'm so glad you included pictures to give us a feel for what it was like. Good stuff!
-Jen

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.