Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Emotions

I still feel sorry for everybody here
This situation is kinda insane.

































Let me talk about Norm (see pic above)
I like Norm Lewis the actor. He is tall, handsome, bulky, not overly skinny for a guy, nice smile, sweet eyes, lovely big hands, nice creamy voice, smooth skin (YES I LOOKED AT ALL OF THAT- GET OVER IT!) etc.
But the thing is, that he was brought into the show to be the 'not as passionate' partner for LIV.
Meanwhile everybody dislikes him. The blogs, the forums, the podcasts sing the hymns of loathing for Norm and his character on the show.
But I dunno what they expect. If they had cast Blair Underwood or Idris Elba as Edison, everybody would turn against Fitz (Tony Goldwyn). Everybody admits that that is true.

So I feel sorry for Norm and the character Edison.
Edison never stood a chance
However I know for a fact that I would not get involved with somebody like Edison.
Too image conscious. 
Yes he is a senator.
But there's just SOMETHING off .
 I think it's that thing where you know you can't be REAL friends with somebody.
Where you don't really trust them (to really let your hair down around them, because you've done it before and got burned, then did it again and got burned worse) even though your brain is telling you they are 'NICE' enough

That thing where you know you can't dance in the rain for a few seconds without them having something snarky to say. That shadow of meanness that they bring out and think it's funny or witty, but everybody knows it's meanness and whispers about it when they aren't around.


So my point is, poor Norm...
I will totally support him in another role :)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.