Saturday, April 21, 2012

Then and now

When I was younger I saw 'The Day After'.
I saw it again recently and I had a different take on it

It's a 1983 film but of course I saw it way after it came out.

Man when I saw it again, I thought it kinda dragged on. I think it would be an effective ONE our movie. The first hour was really unnecessary.



I guess they were trying to intro you to some of the main characters and have you identify with them but eh...I could have done without it.


They were also trying to prep you for the upcoming incident by pitching in radio and tv broadcasts of trouble between the countries


When the incident actually occurs that's when it gets more interesting


I like the different incident scenes
Very cool

Very old school sci fi
I imagine that modern day Preppers (people who prep for diferent eventualities like disasters) must have watched this movie.



I saw some of the preppers on youtube and the really cool and interesting ones are the ones who try different agricultural pursuits.



 Very ingenious

I like them.


No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.