Sunday, November 21, 2010

Concert

Iron and Wine was amazing

This is one band where I really love their lyrics

Anyone who can put words together like Sam Beam must be able to see words in color

It's so lovely

So endearing

So sweet

I have a few favorites but the lyrics of The Trapeze Swinger really gets me...

Remember me: seldomly, finally, at halloween, as in the dream, mistakenly, fondly, happily...


But please remember me, my misery
And how it lost me all I wanted
Those dogs that love the rain and chasing trains
The colored birds above their running

In circles round the well and where it spells
On the wall behind St. Peter
So bright on cinder gray in spray paint
'Who the hell can see forever?'

And please remember me, seldomly
In the car behind the carnival
My hand between your knees, you turn from me
And said the trapeze act was wonderful...

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.