Sunday, June 20, 2010

Triste

I loved Bonjour Tristesse
I don't know why the critics at that time didn't like Jean Seberg

I thought she did as well as any actress of that time
Very earnest and fresh-faced

She is no Deborah Keer or Audrey Hepburn but nobody else was either...
I liked her and I like David and Deborah as well.
Poor Jean, she spent her whole (short life), listening to silly men and having affairs with the silliest of all of them all the time...I bet that was what depressed her all the time.

I like that Louise Bourgeois likened the story to her life.
Although I do think her story was more horrendous and traumatic to her.
Influencing all her art.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.