Saturday, April 26, 2008

Conversations with a five year old

Me to Five year old : So are you going to dance after we're done playing patty cake?
Five Year old: No (he shakes his head)
Me: Why not?
Five year old: It's just that I would be too embarrassed
Me (in my head) : What the _ !
Me to five year old: You're five years old. What do you have to be embarrassed about
Five year old: Nobody else is dancing. Why?
Me: Because they are scared to dance
Five year old : But I'll be embarrassed. That they will laugh
Me: Nobody is gonna laugh at you. They will be jealous
Five year old: why are they going to be jealous?
Me: Because you aren't scared to dance and I will be dancing with you
Five year old: It's just that I'll be embarrassed!

After much coercion he ends up on the dance floor with me.
Five year old: what are they looking at (he motioned to some people at the party looking at him)
Me: Looking at the people dancing

He leaves to go sit and pout

After more coercion.
Five year old: Hey I'm ready now. Let's Go!

We cut a rug in a MAJOR way. The kid could dance LOL

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.